...

...

March 27, 2009

Bad two days..

Well, the conference I went to the last two days really screwed up my plans for getting back on the road to health. My calorie intake was disasterous and there was absolutly now working out to be done. And I'm sure it didnt help that we were sitting in chairs 90% of the day.

I am very dissapointed in the extremely high amount of calories that I ingested over the last two days. It, once again, all goes back to portion control. I get so frustrated. I can tell myself all morning that I will just have a salad at lunch, but as soon as I walk into the other room with the food and all the smells, my brain apparently floats away and my stomach takes over. There has to be something that can be done to have more control. It is not natural for a female to eat as much as all the males around her. It basically infuriates me that I dont have any control over myself and my eating habits.

I guess the only thing to do is to get myself back on the straight and narrow. I had plans to work out tonight to make up for the previous 2 weeks that I have skipped (well not make up for them but make me feel better about the whole deal) BUT the snow is falling and we are expected to have 8-12 inches today, tonight, and tomorrow. So I am going to save myself from an icy death and not drive to town to workout. Maybe I will convince myself to do some push ups or crunches in front of the tv.

I'm pretty sure that I wont reach my current goal of 10 pounds by Easter, but I am still going to try my hardest to lose as much as I can before then! If I dont reach that goal, I will simply strive harder for the next one.

I hate the fact that I know that I will struggle with this for the rest of my life even if I do get control now. It really puts a damper on things when you think of it that way, so I try not too. But every once in a while I am reminded that, even with a lifestyle change, weight will always be an issue I will face.

Anyways, this is a pretty depressing post. Sorry. But thats what this thing is for right? To get your feelings out and written down so that they are not fogging your outlook on everything else?

Back to work. Thanks for listening.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment