For now, its time to set some new goals. I really got to thinking about this over the weekend. I was surrounded by fit and happy people and it made me really want to get serious about getting healthy.
I have had my ups and downs with my calorie intake, as shown by my food journal (which is on Day 64 BTW). And I have started slacking on my workouts. I really lack in the weight lifting catagory.
My New Goal:
- Lose 10 pounds by Easter. Currently at 227 Pounds. So 217 by Easter.
- Work out at least 3-4 days per week. 300-400 calories burned/workout
- 2 weight lifting sessions per week. 30 minutes/session
- Keep my calories below 2000/Day. Including Fruit Every Day!
If I keep my calories around 1750/Day that is a calorie deficit of 500 calories. Throw in another 400 burned in working out and probably another 200 with the additional walking I will be doing for work, and that is 1050 caloried deficit/day. 7 days = 7350 Calories down. Thats 2.1 Pounds per week. I only have 3 weeks until Easter, so reaching 10 pounds down might be darn near impossible, but I have to try!
I am not sure what to do for a reward for this goal. I am thinking I will buy myself a couple new (the good kind) sports bras.
This is what I am thinking longer term:
- 10 pounds by Easter,
- 10 more by Bonnie's Birthay (May 18) OR Michael's Birthday (May 20),
- 10 more by my Birthday (June 26th),
- 10 More by Michael and I's "1st year of dating" anniversary (July 18) or JI and Lindseys wedding (July 25th),
- 10 more by Lauren and AA's Anniversary (Sept 6),
- 10 more by KSU vs. TAMU football at KSU (October 17th),
- and the last 10 by Thanksgiving.
Now, if that will really work, it will be amazing. But it is a really good way to look at things. It's basically 10 pounds/Month and that is do-able (in the beginning anyway). I would really like to reach each of these goals but I also know that there is a good chance that I wont. BUT it is so much easier to look at the weight loss in incriments of 10 rather then just saying "hey I wanna lose 70 pounds."
Anyway, Let me know if you think this is a totally outrageous way of thinking?
-C
No comments:
Post a Comment