...

...

February 12, 2013

February thus far

Hey ya'll! How's it going! Going fair to good here.

I said I would blog again after 10 days of continuous food logging. I did really good for the most part. But I slacked over the weekend. However, I did go back in a log all my foods that I ate over the weekend even though I didnt really want to see the numbers. I didnt do as bad as I thought I might have!

So I have managed to stop gaining weight. Thats a plus right! I am stalled out. I am hoping  have decided that seeing 255 on the scale is the highest number I will ever see on that darn display!

I was over my calorie intake some days. Heres what my last 11 days looked like! The intake is from myfitnesspal.com and the burn/steps according to my fitbit.

Feb 1 - Intake - 1515 - Burn - 2352 - Steps - 4254
Feb 2- Intake - 1425 - Burn - 2691 - Steps - 6444
Feb 3 - Intake - 1613 - Burn - 2511 - Steps - ??
Feb 4 - Intake - 2018 - Burn - 2253 - Steps - 2970
Feb 5 - Intake - 1817 - Burn - 2973 - Steps - 12630
Feb 6 - Intake - 2181 - Burn - 3089 - Steps - 15030
Feb 7 - Intake - 2126  - Burn - 2299 - Steps - 4170
Feb 8 - Intake - 1704 - Burn - 2565 - Steps - 5616
Feb 9 - Intake - 2126 - Burn - 2715 - Steps - 6753
Feb 10 - Intake - 2459 - Burn - 2496 - Steps - 1853*I took this off before going shopping so I got more steps than it showed
Feb 11 - Intake - 1730 - Burn - 2394- Steps - 2828

According to this, I should have lost 2.18 lbs in the last 11 days. I didnt. I hate that everyone says its as easy as calories in vs. calories out. There has to be something more to it. otherwise I would be good to go. Either my intake is wronge, my burn is wrong, or I'm eating the wrong kinds of food, taking in too much salt, not drinking enough water, or lots of other possibilties.

I just want the number to go down and my pants to fit looser. Sad face :(

In other news - I am trying to decide on what to do for Lent. My ideas have included:
1) Giving up/limiting facebook 
2) Focusing on sticking with a certain intake number and not exceeding it 
3) No chocolate 
4) No/limited bread/sugar 
5) No pop
I have pick one or two of these as of tomorrow.

Also I have decided to redo my kitchen. I had a brilliant idea that I would paint the walls and the trim and cabinets and then I would focus later on the counter tops and the floor. So I invited my unsuspecting little sister out for the weekend. The next thing she knew she was looking at paint colors and researching how to remove wall paper. Sunday we started ripping wall paper off the walls. What a bad decision! This is what it looked like after HOURS of peeling and scraping!

 
After deciding the the gouges and paper were never going to be smooth enough to simply paint, the plan changed to having textured painted walls. I still think my colors are going to work great (Gray and White) but its going to be more work. Here are the steps it will take:
 
What I had in my crazy little mind in la la land: Strip/Tape/Paint/Enjoy (Everyone happy)
 
In REAL LIFE:
 
Strip wallpaper
Tape and cover everything (worked on this last night - ran out of tape)
Prime with oil-based primer to avoid issues with remaining wall paper
Wait for things to dry
Texture with sheetrocking mud and texturing brushes/rollers
Wait for things to dry
Paint with final color
Wait to dry
Paint again with final color/touch-up
Wait to dry
Retape all things
Paint trim/doors
Wait to dry
 
Whatever you do, never try to redo a one hundred year old kitchen. Just leave it and enjoy it. I also realized after taping last night that the kitchen has 7 doors in it. SEVEN! Thats a whole lot of doors to tape around and to paint later (with the trim because they are already painted once). That doesnt include cabinets, those are actual doors you can walk through. Crazy.
 
Then I am going to try and find an easy solution to a backdrop for my counters. And sometime start on the cabinets. Ugh. Easter is coming up fast.
 
Anyone want to offer to come and help! Most of those steps will take about a day. That means almost two weeks of very little use of the kitchen for cooking. Looks like we will be enjoying sandwiches for the next couple weeks. Yay! :)
 
This is one very long post.
 
Other things that have happened  so far this month:
Interviewed for a new job - didnt get the position
Got an iPad for work
Got our taxes started finally
Went Coyote hunting on the RZR
Had a nice SuperBowl party
 
 
Thats all for now. Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment