...

...

February 18, 2013

Need a good workout?

Try re-painting your kitchen! All the calorie counts I have found show that you burn about 285 calories/hour of painting/drywalling/papering/etc.  This last week I found myself working on my kitchen each evening from about 6-10 pm. Here's what I have accomplished:

Monday - taping around everything (ran out of tape) - 3 hours
Tuesday - finished taping - primed all the walls - 4 hours
Wednesday - started texturing - 4 hours
Thursday (Valentine's day) - continued texturing until my brush fell apart (only 1.5 hours in)
Friday - finished texturing - another 1.5 hours
Saturday - day off for drying time
Sunday - painted with my color (first coat) - 3 hours

So I burned about 4845 calories so far just repainting my kitchen! Yay me!

Oh and I spoke too soon last week. The deficit in calories has finally shown itself on the scale. I weighed in this morning at 247.0 lbs. Thats down 5.2 from my "defeated" post on Feb 1! Yahoo!!

Now I just have to keep it up. I am going to keep logging and shooting for a deficit. It helps to only have small meals in the evening when I am working on the kitchen. So now I guess I'll just have to learn to keep myself really busy in the evenings even after this kitchen stuff is over. The days are getting longer now so more evening working outside will be coming up soon!

I will do a post on the kitchen when it is complete! I love the change so far! Tonight I am going to touch up the color in spots and remove the tape. Then I plan to start measuring the counter tops and floors so I can do a little pricing of those things. I also need to start sanding on the north end of the cabinets so I can paint them when I do the trim and be able to put the fridge back and not have to pull it back out again. I am ready for it to be out of the middle of the room!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment