...

...

January 14, 2014

2014 so far

How is it possible that it is already January 14th? Time is flying so far this month. I'm sure it makes a difference that I have been fairly busy and will continue to be through February.

Last week I traveled with my friend Holly to San Diego. She had to be in meetings for the week and I just got to go along as a guest and relax. Our trip was doomed from the beginning. Our flights were cancelled at the last minute. I woke up with an ear ache the day we were supposed to leave so I went to the doc and got some meds then we had to drive 4 hours to get on a plane the next day. The flights out and back were really not bad. I really enjoyed flying Southwest Airlines. They were courteous and efficient and the free checked bags were also nice. When we finally arrived, Holly had to go straight to meetings so I decided to go wander around the Seaport Village area. I had been there a couple years ago and felt like I was pretty safe to go walking down there by myself. I put in a few miles of walking, grabbed lunch, and made my way back to the hotel to lounge by the pool for a couple hours in the warm sun. Wednesday I woke up and went for a 3 mile walk plus a couple stair runs (got my 10 flights of stairs in) along the way. It was a nice morning and very refreshing. I had a big breakfast and then went to get my free mani/pedi spa treatment. Afterwards I relaxed by the pool again for a few hours. That evening Holly and I decided to go eat at a place in the Gaslight District called The Field. It is an authentic Irish restaurant that was decorated with pieces that were brought over from Ireland. We had just sat down to eat and my stomach started to ache really bad. By the time the food came, I had NO appetite and was ready to go back to the hotel. I tried to wait for Holly to eat but ended up having to leave. My trip went downhill from there. I was sick through the night and all through Thursday. Holly is apparently not someone who will hang out by herself so when her meetings were over she was reluctant to venture out of the hotel. We ended up changing our flights to come back on Friday instead of Saturday like we had planned. I was ready to be home and so was she.

This week is all about catching up on work stuff. So I suppose I should get back to it.

Oh and I am back on track so far with food and exercise. I am tracking everything in MyFitnessPal and avoiding soda. I did my dance class last night and didn't feel like I was going to die as bad as before. I think reducing my sugar intake is helping not feel so lethargic.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment