...

...

January 29, 2009

Keep on Keepin On..


Well, so far things are going good.


I have been to the gym 4-6 times/week for 3 weeks in a row (after tonight). I can feel progress in my muscles but am disappointed in the lack of progress elsewhere. As for total pounds, I have not lost a single pound. As of 01/27 I still weigh 225#. I measured my inches around my waist, hips, bust, thighs, and calves. I dont have the measurements here, but I can tell you they arent pretty. I am going to continue to document those as I go along as well as weight. They say waist size is a better indicator of health issues than weight due to the weight of muscle.


I am also on Day 11 of my Food Journal. It helps me to see what I am putting in vs. working off. It also makes me think before picking an unhealthy choice, because I know I am going to have to write it down and add it to my Total Calories and Total Fat Grams of the day. I have been really good about drinking water. In fact, the other day I went all day without having any soda and I didnt even realize it until the next evening when I realized I hadn't had any that day either. However, I went home and drank a Diet Dr. Pepper as I cooked supper.


I started an interval training program designed to help a person to be able to jog for 30 minutes straight at the end of the 11 week program. I started on Week 2 because Week 1 was to be able to walk on a Treadmill at a speed between 3-4 mph and I can already do that. This week I am walking 4:30 at 3.3 mph and jogging 0:30 at 5 mph until I reach 30 or 45 minutes (depending on the day). 30 seconds of jogging is not too bad, next week will be harder when I get to jogging 1 minute out of every 5. I am also doing my training on a variety course (varied hills) rather then on flat ground.


I started using the weight machines at the gym as well. Right now I use 2 different arm machines at 50# for 2 sets of 12 reps. I use 2-3 different leg machines at various weights and reps. I really like the burn of the Plei leg press! I am hoping to build muscle so that I can burn more calories faster.


I am finding it is a lot harder to be motivated to go to the gym without a workout partner. Sherri has been gone all week, and I have been very tempted to just go home after work. However, I have stuck with it and have to go tonight and then be done for the week. Fridays are going to be my off days unless I am just really feeling the need to burn some energy.
P.S. - No more pictures like the one above, jeans too tight, shirt fitting tight, double chin.. yuck..
Cammie


No comments:

Post a Comment