...

...

April 13, 2009

New Rules (I will attempt) To Follow

  1. Drink 64-plus ounces of water each and every day.
  2. Get cardio exercise EVERY day; gradually working to 30 minutes minimum a day.
  3. Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your daily diet.
  4. Limit the "bulky" carbs: white flour, potatoes, cereal, etc.
  5. Identify the biggest obstacle you consistantly face that stymies your weight loss and overcome it, rid yourself of it and banish it from your life forever!

Sounds kinda easy if you think about it simplistically like this. However, its hard to just follow even this five basic rules.

I have been working on the water thing, but there are plenty of days where I let that slip. I have a bottle of water on my desk and am on the second refill. Its a 20 ounce bottle, so my goal is 4 of this today. That will get me way above the 64 ouce mark (and maybe closer to the last post I had).

Cardio every day. Thats a hard one as well. I do want to start pushing for 5-6 times/week. I want to at least get out and walk or ride my bike on one day of the weekend rather than goof off and not get any exercise. I also plan to get back into some weight lifting. I need to be doing it at least 3 times/week, or I will never see the toning that I long for!

I have done better about fresh fruits and veggies in the last 4 months than ever in my life. I generally have an apple, banana, or orange sitting on my desk for a morning or afternoon snack. I have been keeping carrots in the fridge. I also have been incorporating more salads into meals. I also started cooking with onions, red and green peppers, and potatoes.

Limiting "bulky" carbs will be a very tough one. I love my white bread. I need to buy some whole wheat tortillas and try them out. I can do the wheat bread thing too, but its not nearly as good. I also eat a lot of cereal for breakfast and potatoes with a lot of meals. So I will have to reduce those and maybe incorporate more steamed veggies instead and get up and make eggs for breakfast.

I have yet to identify one biggest obstacle. I have lots of little ones. I think the one I will focus on is portions and going back for seconds. I really usually dont need that second round anyway and feel miserable an hour or two later. So that is where I will focus my energy.

Back to work I suppose. See ya. C

PS - I am working toward my goal of 15 pounds down by May 20 (which puts me at 210).

No comments:

Post a Comment