...

...

November 11, 2010

A little background information

Lets get started.

I have been overweight as long as I can remember. I was the heavy shy girl in high school, the heavy outgoing girl in college, and now the heavy adult in the real world.

I never really thought about what I ate and if I exercised for most of my life. Food was always present, but never a concern. I know that as a Senior in High school I weighed in at 195-199. As a Freshman in college, I maintained at 195-199. Somewhere between sophomore year and senior year, I hit and exceeded 200 Lbs. When I graduated from college, I believe I was about 205-210.

The real world hit me like a sack of hammers. I finally lived alone, had all control over my eating habits, and had no one to push me to go on a walk or to the gym. I ballooned up to 220 in my first year out of college (2007-2008). I managed to get that back down to 199 in later 2008. Then I met my boyfriend (going on 2.5 years now). I apparently got comfortable and started eating more like him and got back up to 230 (Fall 2009).

The worst part is this: since March 2009 I have been watching my calories, keeping a food journal, going to the gym (in spurts I will admit) and attempting to lose. The results have been minimal. I am starting today (11/11/10) at 210 Lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment