I have been exercising and eating less calories. I have been eating the same food I have always eaten, but in smaller quantities. This is the only way that I will lose weight because going on some crazy "salad and soup only" diet or anything like that would be pointless. There is no way that I would do that for the rest of my life. I am trying to make this a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.
I keep hoping that one of these times I will step on the scale and the pounds will be gone. I have been keeping a calorie chart in excel. Each morning I input my calories burned (from my GoWearFit) and my calories eaten (from MyFitnessPal) and my steps, activity, and type of workout. Accoring to it I am supposed to have lost about 5.6 lbs this month. And so far the scale says +2. Frustrating. Maybe my intake is more than I think or something.
TMI MOMENT AHEAD- I'm still lacking a certian monthly event. Not sure whats going on after everything checked out fine at the doc. If nothing happens early next month I guess I'll call and see if anything else is a possibilty.
I have no choice but to keep working out and keep watching my calorie intake no matter what the scale says. I am going to make this happen this time.
I think I will do my measurements this evening and try and see a difference there. I even have a tape measure sitting in the kitchen, I just havent taken then time to use it.
So.. I have this friend that is pregnant. She was a small girl in high school (I didnt know her then but I have seen on her facebook pics) and gained weight after high school and is still a large girl. I would say she probably weighs about what I do but we carry it differently. Who knows, maybe we look the same and its my mind that says that I look smaller than her. I dont know. Anyway, she just found out like last month that she is pregnant. When I look at her I think to myself, how will she look when she is "really pregnant"? She wont have a cute "baby bump". She will probably look the same with just a larger middle. The point of this story is this.. I want a baby bump when that time comes. Motivation...
Holly took this pic of me on 10/21/12. Yuck. P.S. We have a million cats.
Amazing what an angle can do. A little better but still bad. 10/21/12


Your scale and my scale must be related.
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm thinking about it, you need to ask your doctor about polycystic ovary syndrome. It's a hormonal imbalance. I've not asked mine about it because I'm like clockwork, but your missed periods/weight gain/etc can be symptoms and can affect ability to get pregnant when the time comes. Just a thought. And I keep forgetting to tell you when we're on the phone.