Lets re-cap last week, shall we.
Tuesday evening, I headed home from work like every other evening. I slowly pulled in the driveway as I hung up the phone with Shiela. I eased around the driveway like I do because our puppies like to come out to greet you in the driveway. Then all the sudden I hear/feel the most aweful thing. Beths dog Goose had managed to get under my tired. I put the pickup in park and prepared myself for the worst. When I got to the back of the pickup, Goose was whining and snapping at Lanky and Cookie. So I threw Lanky in the pickup with Trooper, and nudged the cat away with my foot. At this point, Goose was not whining anymore. He was sitting in the middle of the driveway panting. I thought he was done for but decided to call the Vet and see what I should do. They told me to bring him in (25 miles away). So I called Beth and told her what happened and she was there 5 minutes later. We loaded Goose up and headed North. The vet was waiting when we got there. He gave Goose a shot for the pain and took him back for x-rays. Turns out he had a crushed back right leg and a broken pelvis. They gave Beth the option of removing the leg or attempting to pin it with a grim out-look on the pinning working.
So Wednesday she opted for the removal of the leg. Goose did well with surgery and recovery. He got to come home on Friday night. Now he is kennel bound for about 6 weeks while his pelvis heals and he learns to get around on 3 legs. He gets to be in Beths room while we are home and in my office during the work day.
I got workouts in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of last week. I did morning work outs except on Wednesday. I worked on getting my house ready for the weekend in the evenings.
Saturday we hosted the "after-party" for Chloe's first birthday. They did a party at the church for the friends and family and then we had the family all out for burgers and sides at the house. We had about 21 people in the house. There was plenty of room, but we lacked seating for everyone. Luckily people didnt mind sitting on the floor playing with the babies.
Sunday we spent the day doing things around the house. We also went and got a new (to us) washer and dryer. We thought maybe we could fix part of our leaking with a new washer, but it turns out it wasnt the problem at all. But the new washer is nice and the new dryer works better than the old one did. So now we have to dig into the real problem so I can do laundry!
I weighed in yesterday (Monday) morning at 242.2. At least its down from my original weigh in finally! But it should be down a lot more than that!
I got a workout in this morning. Beth is home with the flu. I hope she stays in her room and doesnt touch anything, as I havent gotten my flu shot yet.
Happy Tuesday and Happy Halloween tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment