Ok so I'm not too good at weighing in on Monday mornings. But this week I have an excuse. SO I weighed in on Wednesday morning instead and was disappointed.
Oct 17- 242.8 Change: 0 lbs
Last week Beth and I worked out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Thursday we took as a break night thinking we would go back on Friday. I knew I was going to be gone for a few days and wanted to get some house work done and so I went home and did that instead. Friday did not go as planned and we didnt get a workout in that night either.
Friday after work, Michael and I loaded up the semi and took off on a long trip to Billings, Montana. I rushed home after work to pack and get ready to go because we were traveling in a convoy with another trucker and his gf and they were "ready to go". As it turns out they were not ready to go. They were still in Pratt (30 miles away) and waiting on thier trailer to get cleaned out (a long process). SO I rushed around and got everything ready and even opted out of showering with the thought that we were READY TO GO! Then we sat and watched some tv while we (im)patiently waited on them to show up. Finally we took off down the road. We made it to the NW part of KS and decided to pull over for the night.
Saturday morning we got up and headed north. We made it to Buffalo, WY about 9 hours later. Buffalo has an old hotel that has been restored and the other guy really wanted to see it. Turns out, it is in downtown were there is NO truck parking. So we parked at the truck stop and took a nice 0.75 mile trail along a stream to the middle of town. The hotel was very neat, but very expensive. We ate supper there and had a beer while waiting on the "every saturday night live music". The man sitting behind us turned out to be the singer and right before he was supposed to start the "managment" asked him to play a little quieter tonight as the guests that were trying to sleep were complaining the night before. That pissed him off and he walked out. So no live music for us. We decided to walk back to the trucks and sleep in them instead of walking another 2.25 miles with our baggage. I took my first ever shower in a truck stop that night.
Sunday we made it to Billings about noon. We did some shopping at Cabelas and then at the mall for the afternoon. We found a hotel with truck parking off the interstate and went to eat at a nearby sports bar. They also had a casino in the back but we didnt make it back there.
Monday we went to the place where we were to load. They asked us to be there at 11 a.m. We got there and there were 3 trucks to be loaded ahead of us. The guys laid down for a nap knowing that the trip home was going to be a long one. About 5 p.m. we were finally loaded and heading back towards the highway. A few stops for rest room breaks and short naps and 20 hours later we made it to unload. Then it was time to go home and sleep the afternoon away.
Back to work on Wednesday. And back to working out.
So you see, I didnt lose any weight this week, but I also didnt gain any and thats pretty impressive concidering I sat in a truck for about 5 days and didnt get hardly any exercise. I tracked my food on myfitnesspal on my phone and tried to stay at or below my daily intake goals. I tried not to snack as much as Michael did. I didnt need to snack to keep myself awake like he did. I only ate when I was hungry.
Beth and I got up this morning and went to the gym at 5:45. That means we left my house at 5:15 to get there. We worked out until 6:45 and headed to work to be there by 7:30. What a good way to start the day! We started with weights and tried a bunch of machines that we usually dont because of all the poeple around. Then we did about 30 minutes of cardio. I did my 3rd training day of Couch to 5k. The next one requires me to up my jogging time from 1 minute to 1.5 minutes. Sounds tough but I gotta do it if I want to improve.
Happy Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment