I haven't blogged in forever. I am terrible at doing this. I never have anything to write about. Then I realized there are lots of things that have happened and I just have been too lazy to write about them. So heres a recap.
March 24th, 2013 was our 1st wedding anniversary! We made it through the first year without murdering each other! Go us! This year FLEW by! Heres to many many more!
Pics by Tracy Ellen Photography
Easter weekend we had a huge Easter party at our house. Growing up we had huge Easter parties and they were the best. So I decided to try and start the same thing at our new house. Now that we finally have a house big enough to fit more than three people at a time in, we may as well entertain! We ended up with 81 friends, family and farmers there! Out of that, 35 or so were kids! We had two Easter egg hunts and many happy city kids who got to enjoy the farm life for a day! They played in the dirt and water and grass and no one told them not too! They also watched as a cat played with, and eventually ate, a mouse in the chicken coop. What a fun day! And the weather was perfect! We could not have asked for a better day!
My Friends Kristen and Holly and Kristen's baby Lorelai
My dogs got spoiled all day long with lots of love and petting! - Picture from Bonnie
Punch apparently found a perch on Dad's lap! - Picture from Bonnie
Bonnie, Beth, and I got to take our picture with the Easter Mashed Potato Chicken!
Last weekend, Michael and I worked on cleaning out our fantastic old barn. There are years and years woth of pigeon poop in the hay loft. Not cool. A friend from town that owns a plumbing and electric business decided to let us borrow his high lift for free. Which is amazing because those things are expensive to rent! He brought it out Friday night and made sure it would reach to the top. Our plan was to go from the outside and push the trapped poop down to the floor so we could get it out. You would have to see the barn to understand all of this. But anyway, here is a picture of Michael WAY UP THERE! I havent been to the top yet, but he tells me I am going to have to!
Last night it decided to rain, freezing rain, ice pellet, and snow. Lovely. Hopefully there is not too much long term damage on the crops. We really don't need that. The wheat was actually looking good this year. I thought this was pretty funny! Its about right. I was getting Severe Thunder Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisorys at the same time on my phone all evening long!
I decided to go back to Weight Watchers. I joined again yesterday. Meetings are Tuesdays at 5:00. So Tuesday is my new weigh in day. My starting weight is pretty damn embarrassing. But I plan to get rid of it and never see that weight again. I have 35-40 Points/Day to work with. The eTools gave my 35 points and the lady at the meeting calculated 40 points. I am going to try to go with the 35 since I will be using my eTools for tracking and if I go over it throughs the program off. If that is not working I will move up toward the 40 points. I also have 49 Anytime points per week as well as any activity points I build up if I choose to use them. Here we go again!
And here is a random picture of my dogs when I took them to work with me last week. We spent all afternoon looking at alfalfa. Lanky somehow managed to jump into the back of the pickup by herself two times that day! I don't know how, but I sure was impressed by her skills! If you can't tell her legs are only about 5 inches long!










No comments:
Post a Comment