Hey all-
So it has been a LONG while since I have had time to write on here. I still dont really have time but its a Saturday and have a little time to kill.
So where have I been?! No where. Just here. Working away. Getting my tan on. Playing with my dogs. Working on my house and yard. Occasionally making a trip to Dodge City. Thats about it. Picking millions of zucchinis from the garden and an occasional squash.
May came and went with little excitement that I can remember anyway. Michael had his 33rd Birthday and I showed him what a great wife I am by buying him a .380 Revolver that he has been pining over for a while. His buddies have them so he needed one too. It just so happened that one of our friends who owns a pawn shop had one in stock when I swung by there one day. I also just happened to have pink grips on it! LMAO. I was sold! (It has black grips that came along with it too but I hid those from Michael for a couple days). He loved/loves that gun! Yay me!
May also included one of the goals to the right of this page. The Memorial Day 2 Mile. I did not run it. I DID walk it though and thats better than nothing. Beth, Lyda, and I speed walked those 2 miles in just under 30 minutes this year!
The garden I mentioned in the last post went crazy. We were picking arm fulls of zucchinis every evening. And if we didnt pick them they got huge! I sliced and froze a lot of them. We also were giving them away to anyone that happened to stop by or that we knew would enjoy them! I also recently found a wonderful Zucchini bread recipe that is really really tasty. It also makes really yummy zucchini muffins without changing anything in the recipe.We are now picking a lot of squash, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers, and onions. I'm sure there are potatoes ready but I have not ventured through the weeds to that part of the garden. We got side tracked and missed out on picking our sweet corn on time and it got too far along to be any good. Then the insects ate it up. Luckily we have plenty of neighbors giving us sweet corn this year! I need to vacuum seal and freeze some of that this weekend! We kinda let the weeds get out of control and I need to get out there with the mower and mow some down. That might be a Sunday project. We will see.
June came and went as well. It was my Birthday month. But that really doesnt mean much these days. June is also wheat harvest time around here! Beth came and helped at the elevator for wheat harvest. She lived with us for three weeks again. She got to try and help me out with the pool (more on that later) and yard at homse when she wasnt working late. I told Michael I wanted a new Dyson for my birthday. He said ok just go buy one. I went to the store to buy one and talked myself out of spending the money on a stupid vacuum. I bought a different (lower priced) brand and a hand held dust buster type vacuum for about half the price of a Dyson. I like them both really well right now and can always go for the dyson later. That was about it for June I think. OH I did get my hair dyed ombre style after losing my first 10 lbs. I had to have it done twice to get the blonde to stay but I do love it now! Pics later!
July went by quickly. We had a 4th of July party at our house with a few friends. We sat on the front porch and watched the fireworks in town. It was extremely dry at that time around here and I didnt want a fire so we didnt do any of our own fireworks. July 19th my brother and his wife gave birth to thier baby girl, Faith. I'm sure I shouldnt put pics on here because they are not allowed on facebook. Shes perfect and precious. Dodge City Days started the weekend of July 26th. The family was all around we went to Dodge to hang out.
And now its August. And this post is very long so I should stop typing now. I'll try and do a pic day next time so there is much less reading and more fun oo'ing and ah'ing!
Weight Update: I have managed to get rid of 12 lbs exactly as of last Tuesday at WW. My goal is to reach my 5% loss this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment