According to the following website: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm, my Peoples Choice Ideal Weight is 166 lbs. This is based on height and age compared to other people's view of what an ideal weight would be. According to medical health professionals, it should be between 125-164 lbs. Therefore, I am going to set my personal weight loss goal at 160 lbs.
(ok - so totally copied that from you, but I liked your source)
History:
Where do I start? With being called fatso by Dennis Lynch? With not being able to shop at the Buckle or A&F all through high school and college? So going from high school and into the first couple years of college, my weight hovered around 200 lbs. After moving into my apartment off-campus and therefore, losing the four flights of stairs up to my room, I gained 20-25 more. Then, mom died. And I gained ~50 more. I have no idea what my top weight was, but I'm guessing 270-275, when I looked like this.
After I moved to Virginia, I lost a little bit of weight in the first year of having my dog, but really got serious about it in November 2006. My 2007 resolution was to "lose a Gus" which was 84 pounds at the time. And I did pretty well - I think I lost 60 pounds in 2007. 15 more came off at the beginning of 2008. 75 pounds lost! and under 200 pounds for the first time in a long time! Woo hoo - time to keep up the good work, right? Apparently not for me, as I have gained back 25 pounds in the last 6 months or so. So now's the time to stop it in its tracks and take it plus some back off! I want to look even better than this:
Currently:
As of last week, I weighed 220 pounds - so depressing to have that 2 back in front of my weight. And my clothes are all getting way too tight.
Time Frame:
No specific time frame, but there is no reason I cannot lose 60 pounds in a year again. That's just over a pound a week. I'm like Cammie - want to look hot in the wedding dress ....someday. But first, I have to learn to love my body before I'll be able to let somebody else love me. And that will take hard work.
My Plan:
To get back to working out like I was in 2007 - hitting the gym in the morning before work and/or hitting the gym after work or going to aerobics or taking the dog for a walk/run.
Fitness Goal - to run a 5K. I have a route near my house that is almost exactly the 3.1 miles - and bonus, it has hills! It's close to home and once the days get a little longer, there's no reason Gus and I can't get out there and train.
Food -
- I will watch the chocolate intake. I've been a bit stressed out with my brother's wedding, a trip home, my friend/co-worker changing jobs, etc.
- I will drink more water and less pop.
- I will avoid absent-minded, boredom snacking, which will require keeping my hands busy. I'm considering quilting - is that so Grandma(s) of me or what? :)
So there's my intro and goals.


No comments:
Post a Comment