...

...

January 15, 2009

Temptation..

Temptation is constantly staring me in the face when I am at work. While sitting at my desk, if I look out the door to the lobby, straight ahead is the candy machine and just beyond that is the dreaded Pepsi machine!! I have actually concidered rearranging my office so that I dont see those things, but there is really not many options for rearranging an office this size. Besides, I like to be able to see my customers as they enter the building.

Generally I do a good job of resisting the candy machine. The pop machine is much harder for me, but fortunatly there is a water cooler between here and there that I am training myself to stop at instead.

I still have a small candy "bucket" on my desk for customers and the applicators that are always in my office a few times a day. However, I found that if I set it behind the screen of my laptop I tend to forget about it, so that hasnt been a problem.

The only other food issue I face at work is the people around me constantly eating. The guys will grab a candy bar and pop and come in and eat it while they talk to me. Its hard to fight the temptation to join them in having a 2nd pop of the day. So far I have done good. I have informed the woman that works here that I am trying to snack less, so she offers food much less often and one of the guys has sat in here and talked to me about how he wishes he could lose some weight and stuff, so he generally doesnt eat in front of me either.

I eat breakfast every day, but it is usually something like dry corn chex or a poptart, rather then something with protein that is healthy. I tend to eat a small snack (handfull of wheat thins, or something to that effect) at about 10 and 2 each day. I have been doing good with smaller, healthier lunch choices as well as smaller portions at supper. Since I asked Michael to help me out, it is easier for me to eat less around him.

I have really tried hard to end the mindless munching that generally occurs when I am bored and sitting in my office. It has really helped that I have been staying busy studying for the CCA.

Well I am off to work out now! - Cammie

No comments:

Post a Comment