
Goal Setting:
According to the following website: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm my Peoples Choice Ideal Weight is 158 lbs. This is based on height and age compared to other people's view of what a ideal weight would be. According to medical health professionals, it should be between 114-150 lbs. Therefore, I am going to set my personal weight loss goal at 155 lbs.
History:
This is going to be a tough ride, especially concidering I haven't seen numbers like that since I was probably 10!! Throughout high school and the first couple years of college I averaged a weight between 198-205. After college I ballooned up to at least 227. I lost about 20 lbs. of that through working out, walking fields for work, and getting on the Special K diet. However, between the busy schedule this summer, temptations of the local delicious diner food, and hanging out with Michael rather than working out, I managed to gain it all back (and I'm afraid there might be more than before).
Currently:
At this time, I do not know what I weigh. My scale is broken and I am headed to walmart tomorrow to get a new one. I am guessing somewhere between 220-230. My jeans that once fit nicely are pretty snug and my tank tops I wore this summer, well, I wouldnt be caught dead in them in public (its not pretty!).
Time Frame:
I have not set a specific time frame for my weight loss. All I know is I want to look good if that day comes when I get to stand up at the alter in the poofy white dress! For now I am going to set a short term weight loss goal of 15-20 pounds down by Valentines day! That sets me at between 3-4 pounds/week. This seems like a lot, but when you have the extra it should be easier to take off more than some skinny girl trying to lose her last 5 pounds.
My Plan:
My plan is to work out each evening after work from about 5:45 -7 pm. I am able to get home and feed my dog and get ready and be in town by that time.
I am also going to be very aware of portion sizes when it comes to meals. I believe that is one of the major problems of my diet because the food I generally eat is generally healthy.
I have cut back to one diet soda per day. I am really starting to like diet Pepsi. I am sure there will be days where a "real" pepsi will have to be drank, but cutting the calories and sugar from drinking just one to two pops/day (which I was drinking for a while) should really help.
Well, I think thats enough for now. Just wanted to get it out there and in writing so that I have something to look at and remember why I am doing what I am doing! - Cammie
No comments:
Post a Comment