I had a four-day weekend and failed miserably to do anything productive toward my weight-loss goal. I could blame the cold and/or my back hurting but I really just didn’t want to do anything. I didn’t go to the gym, I didn’t eat healthily, I didn’t journal.
I did, however, experiment in quilting by cutting out and piecing together a “Butterfly quilt” quilt block – only 41 more to sew and I’ll be ready to put together a quilt top. It’s still kind of weird that I even want to quilt, but I find it kind of fun AND it keeps my hands busy so they’re not feeding my face. I want to do a quilt to raffle for Relay for Life, but at the rate I’m going, it won’t be this year’s RFL.
I went back to the gym yesterday after ibuprofen and icing my back. I took it easy and just did cardio on the elliptical machine. I think it actually loosened up my back, as it hurt a little less this morning than it did yesterday morning. So I’ll try it again this evening.
I’ve been craving some spaghetti, so I am going to try the homemade spaghetti sauce recipe and maybe add some things, like mushrooms or green peppers. I’m also going to use whole wheat noodles and stick a salad on the side. Sounds like lots of vegetables in one meal anyway.
Chocolate – I don’t know if you’ve seen the Weight Watchers commercial with the “Hunger” man – he’s a cute little furry orange thing. Not the point though. Some people need potatoes and bread and pasta to make their life feel complete. Others need sugar, any sugar. I need chocolate. So I’m going to try the Jell-O chocolate puddings to see if they’ll satisfy my cravings. I refuse to cut out all chocolate, because I know it won’t work and it won’t last. To make this weight loss stick, I have to find ways to cut back and increase calorie burning without making myself miserable.
I better get moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment