...

...

September 16, 2013

Checking In

Hello there-

Its been a while since I have written! Like a month in fact, so here is yet another update post.

Update on the tooth situation: I had a re-root canal on the tooth at the end of August. Now I go in this week to have the old crown removed and a new one fitted. Then I will have another appointment to get the permanent crown put on in a week or two. Stupid teeth. Even with dental insurance this has been/is going to be an expensive adventure.

Beth moved back in about mid-August for fall harvest at the coop. Harvest is much later this year due to the fact that we actually got a few rains to keep things alive. This has allowed the crops to live and then dry down naturally rather than burn up and die down prematurely like they have the last couple summers. This is good. For me. Beth, however, is finding out that later harvest means lots of time sitting and waiting and being bored at the coop.

I have gone to WW the last two Tuesdays. Two weeks ago I weighed in at 244.4 which is my lowest recorded weight since I joined again this round. However, last week I weighed in at 245.8. Boo. I have been terrible about tracking and do good for about two days and then slack off again. I'm trying to do better this week. I will weigh in tomorrow... dun dun duhhhhh.... to be continued...

This weekend was the Kansas State Fair. Beth and I actually went last week on a rain day. It was during the week and there was no crowd and it was awesome. We found some sweet dressy pants for me and some cookies for Beth. We also split a funnel cake and didnt finish it. Then we split a Pronto Pup which is just a corn dog with a fancy name that is well known at the KS State Fair. We did really good with the junk food. Then we went to Wichita to get my rings inspected/cleaned. I bought some really fall smelling (pumpkin something) wall flower pods for my house. I also got a cool door wreath/broom thing and some pumpkins for a center piece for my table. Then we stopped at Deb and I found a couple nice shirts and cheap tank tops. I found an awesome black and white chevron shirt to go with my pants. I think I am going to wear them to Faith's Baptism in a couple weeks. Anyway, back to the Fair. Yesterday Travis and Kristen were there to pull in the Antique Tractor pull so we went to watch that with them. Michael, Beth, and I went together. We walked around the fair and checked things out but the crowds were rediculous. Then it started pouring down rain. A lot of rain. We hid out in the buildings for the first round and went to the tractor pull building for the second round. We left before another strong system rolled through. We got to drive through it on the way home. It was a fun day.

I got up this morning at 4:20 and got ready for the gym. Michael had to leave at 5 to go to work so we were both up anyway. I woke Beth up but she fell back asleep and didnt get around. I made it to the gym by 5:30 and worked out for an hour. I did 5 minutes on the Step/Ellip thing, then a round of arm weights with free weights, another 15 on an Elliptical, then another round of arm weights, then another 15 minutes on the Step/Ellip machine. Then I stretched and changed for work. Oh and halfway to the gym I realized I didnt put on my fitbit so I have no idea how many steps/calories I burned. I did count it as 7 WW Activity Points. Which only makes up for the donut I ate afterwards.. oops.

I will do a picture dump in another post when my dropbox updates!

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment