I am going to try a new format for my blog.
I am going to focus more on real life and Agriculture and less on weight loss.
Here is my plan:
Meal Plan Monday - Meal plan, weekly plans, weekend wrap-up, etc.
Ag Talk Tuesday - current issues facing Agriculture
Workout Wednesday (maybe) - Workouts, Weight loss updates, tips, ideas, etc.
Thankful Thursday - This one is pretty open to whatever I am feeling that week
Farmer Friday - pictures and updates on what is happening on a farm throughout the year each week
We will see how far we get with this. Being busy in the summer is going to make this difficult, but I will try and make time for it!
MEALPLAN MONDAY - week of Feb 2, 2015
Monday - Fried Ribs (Thanks Leah) and Broccoli/Cauliflower Ranch Salad - leftover from weekend
Football Cupcakes - leftover from the Super Bowl party
Tuesday - Ground Beef and Cheese Rice Casserole (New) and side Salad
Wednesday - Beef Roast and Seasoned Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Baked Chicken and Kraft Mac and Cheese
Friday - Out to Dinner
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Brunch - Bacon, Eggs, and Toast
- Dinner at our House - Ribs, Cheesy Potatoes, Salad, Brownies
I find that if I have meals planned I spend a ton less money at the grocery store. I also usually have leftovers so I can take them to work for lunches the next day. If there is a lot leftover, I try and freeze a portion or two to take to work for days when I don't have any options.
I will admit that I do not always eat lunch in my office. We have a local cafe (about 7 miles away - but in the country that is local) where I eat at least once a week. It is a great location to meet with my customers and have nice conversation. There is generally more than one producer of mine there and I can do a lot of socializing in one location.
This week includes a couple of new options. I have never tried the Ground Beef Rice Casserole, but I am looking forward to trying it. I have some ground beef already cooked in the freezer that needs to be used. I will let you know how that goes! The Seasoned Potatoes on Wednesday are going to be an experiment that I heard about on a trip, using a seasoning packet that would normally be made into a chip dip with sour cream. I will update with more information on this after trying it!
Sundays are typically always a large Brunch and a large dinner with friends. This week is our week to cook and I am going to attempt Ribs. The recipe calls for making them in the oven and we are all used to slow smoked ribs, so hopefully they are good.
Check back later for Ag Talk Tuesday - I may or may not get anything posted today! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment