Nothing too exciting happened from November to February that sticks out in my mind. So I'll start in March...
I got engaged!! We officially got engaged on March 26, 2011. The wedding is set for March 24, 2012!! Yay! Can you tell I am somewhat excited about it?!?!
This was the best picture I could find of the ring. Now that you've seen his butt, here is his face!
In April we bought a new toy. Is is a Polaris RZR S 800. Lots of fun to ride in the river, at the dunes, or just cruise around the dirt roads on.
May, June, and July were about the same as every other summer. I was super busy checking fields for work and M was super busy hauling cows, grain, liquid protien, and whatever else he could find to haul. This summer was terrible as far as being a farmer was concerned. We faced severe drought topped by severe heat with record amounts of days over 100 degrees. It was not a very fun summer for me, but luckily most of the farmers realize there is/was nothing I can do about the weather and can only make suggestions on what to do to better survive the hand we are dealt.
In August we went on a road trip to Challis, Idaho with my future brother-in-law and his wife. We went to attend the Braun Brothers Reunion. For those of you who are red dirt fans, its a must see event! Located in the foothills of the mountains, the weather was awesome (50-80 degrees) and a much needed break from the horrendous summer in Kansas.
Earlier in the year, my sister and I had decided to do the Dodge City Days 5k that is held at the end of August with the Dodge City Days festivities. Neither of us really thought about that fact that we would be training in extreme heat and that it would be super hot in Dodge at that time of the year. But we decided we were going to do it even if it meant walking the whole thing. We recruited some aunts, cousins, friends and even our brother (who ran the whole thing) to do it with us. Here is a group picture of us before the race. B and I jogged the first block and then walked the rest. There were some HUGE hills, but we finished in 56 minutes. At least we finished...
September came and went with very little excitement. I did join a Zumba class in my small town and have been doing that twice a week for about 6 weeks now. I really like Zumba. I am also doing Weight Watchers Points Plus program. However, I am really really bad at it. I need to get some self control. When I do the program right, I lose. But then I let it slide and I gain it all back.. boo.
So here we are at the end of October (how crazy how time flies!) and up to date. I joined a "gym" this weekend. It is a small room with a circuit of weight machines, one old school treadmill, one very old school nordic trac, and one old school bike. However, the sound system is pretty awesome and the weight machines are very nice. They are the kind that work with hydraulics instead of weights. Yesterday was my first workout. I did the first workout of the Couch to 5k plan for treadmills and then a quick circuit of arm machines, stretches, then was done for the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment